For those of you familiar with physics, my name is steve not or steve sub o. for those of you that arn't physics gurus, its steveo.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

To 'DI' For!

Any of y'all ever heard of D.I.? D.I. truly is one of the best creations known to man. D.I. is the equivalent of Catholic Charities Thrift Store, only its the mormon version. Its clean, fairly well organized and last but defiantely not least, its cheap... most of the time. If your looking for your religion class or institute text books, thats the place to go. You can save up to 2.50, and when the original price is 3.00 anywhere else, that means your getting one heck of a deal!

Anywho, the point of this post is this. 8 months ago, I purchased a sweet cell phone for 1 dollar! I activated it, did some work to it and have now used it for 8 months. We've played hackey sack with it, I soaked in one of our hookeybobbing adventures, I shattered the screen rolling over a car hood, needless to say its been through alot. Today, as my roommate and I journeyed to D.I. and became the 4th and 5th customers of the day, I found a replacement for my cell phone. Inflation hit, however. Just as the ties have steadily increased from one dollar to three, so to have the cell phones. As they say, beggars can't be choosers. I guess I can be happy with paying three bucks for a cell phone that looks like new and hopefully works like new, too!

On anothere note. School is going good. I just wrote my first program in C++ yesterday. Not to bad at all! Not too brag or anything, but it only took me about 45 minutes. I was pretty surprised at myself. maybe I really am learning something form all those physics classes and its making me smarter in the lower level classes!

4 Comments:

Blogger dorkpunch said...

your not getting smarter, the teachers are getting dumber. just like c++. and your stupid cell phone. you know most places give you a phone for FREE when you start and account with them?! luv ya bro...

January 28, 2006 1:05 PM

 
Blogger stevenot said...

they only give you the free phone with a two year contract and who the heck wants one of thsoe! I'm already afraid of commitment, and with my own phone, 6 months is all I have to commit. NOt bad huh?

January 28, 2006 5:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay out of DI! You're broke, remember!!

January 28, 2006 7:30 PM

 
Blogger stevenot said...

Ya, ya, but it makes a good date when youre broke! you can wow the women with your DI smarts!

January 31, 2006 6:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home