For those of you familiar with physics, my name is steve not or steve sub o. for those of you that arn't physics gurus, its steveo.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Gospel Principles Lesson #10

In preparation for my Sunday School class, I'd like to capture a few thoughts for any one and everyone to think about, especially those in the Gospel Principles class in the Garfield First Ward of the Rigby South Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  The lesson on June 3rd, 2012 will be lesson #10 and can be found at the following link:
https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-10-scriptures?lang=eng

To prepare, ask yourselves the following questions
  • What do the scriptures mean to me?
  • What do I gain from reading the scriptures?
  • What is the difference between reading and studying the scriptures?
    • Is one method better than the other?
  • What does the LDS church accept as the canonized (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/canon?s=t) scriptures?
  • How can I improve my daily scripture study?  If scripture study is not a daily event for me, how can I make the time to do it daily?
  • Can you think of any prophecies in the Bible of the Book of Mormon?
    • Ezekiel 37:16-17
    • Isaiah 29:11-14
    • John 10:16
    • Any others?

Thanks for your participation in class!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home