For those of you familiar with physics, my name is steve not or steve sub o. for those of you that arn't physics gurus, its steveo.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Beginnings

So, I'm somewhat new to this and if anyone ever does read this, know that my typing is often spuratic and sloppy at best. I'm a neat handwriter, but it didn't carry over into my learning how to type.

Today I had the opportunity to learn how to lay carpet. Yep, sounds like fun huh? It actually is! It was a great day. For those of you familiar with the Gem State (Idaho), I'm a student in Rexburg Idaho at BYU - Idaho. Great school, great fun, great weather. Actually its pretty cold. I left town this morning just after 6 to go help my uncle lay carpet in Burley, about two hours away. I bought me a truck on Friday, and in preparation for this drive so early in the morning, I decided to buy a soda that would keep me awake. the Sprite Aruba Jam spent the night in the back of my new truck so it would be cold in the morning. I know. You're probably thinking it exploded. I'm not that dumb! I drank a little bit so that it wouldn't burst the bottle. This morning it was a big chunk of ice so I left it. That is until just before Pocatello when I got a little bit thirsty.

I pulled off the interstate to get this frozen treat, and as I reentered the interstate, I cracked the lid. It shot me in the eye!! I had to pull off again, but this time with only one eye! I couldn't see a thing out of my left. I had soda all over the ceiling, the floor, my crotch, and my face. Talk about embarrasing! Try walkiing into a gas station at 7 in the morning when it looks like you wet your pants! Anywho, it was a good day.

I found out alot of neat things about my uncle. I havn't really seen him since '97 or so. He told me all sorts of stories about his time in Vietnam, and how much life changed when he got back. He told me why he enlisted, how he got into carpet laying, why he was still working at the ripe old age of almost 60? (he doesn't keep track of how old he is, so he really doesn't know.) He took me out to breakfast and lunch at a cafe that he and his wife own and she cooks at. All in all, a great way to spend a day, hanging out with Uncle Steve.

I have a calc III final tommorrow and I havn't hardly studied. I did have somewhat of a date tonight. That was pretty exciting. Hr name is Kristin and shes my little freshman friend. First date for me in a loooooong time, and I'm not gonna lie; I hate dates, so I didn't really enjoy it. Thats ok. Gotta date I guess. Anywho, enough ramblings for one night eh? I reckon maybe I'll say a little about myself one of these days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home